Cellulite and skin tightening
Non-invasive Cellulite and Skin Tightening Treatment with No Downtime
Non-invasive Cellulite Treatment and Skin Tightening with No Downtime
VelaShape® is a non- invasive body contouring treatment to reduce cellulite and tighten the skin to achieve a toned, contoured and well-shaped body. The recommended treatment plan is about 3 to 6 sessions per area, however single treatment options are also available.
The procedure provides dramatic results, making you look and feel more youthful without any downtime or significant discomfort.
Areas treatable by Velashape®
- Flanks (love handles)
- Back, bra area
- Inner thighs
- Outer thighs
- Back of the thighs
VelaShape® increases blood circulation and lymphatic drainage around the area treated – which are essential components of healthy skin.
It combines infrared light, bipolar radiofrequency energy and vacuum to heat the fat cells, their surrounding connective tissue and the underlying dermal collagen fibres.
The process is highly efficient, and the combination of the heating and the vacuum stimulates the growth of new and improved collagen and elastin.
This improves skin laxity, structure, texture and body volume.
In addition to cellulite treatment, the scope of treatment may also include:
- Skin tightening
- Body contouring
- Body slimming
- Skin texture & tone enhancement for loose, sagging skin
- Post-baby body contouring
- Wrinkle removal
- Striae (stretch marks) reduction
- Circumference reduction
Added benefits of VelaShape®:
- Tangible results from a single session
- Excellent results in just 3 to 6 sessions
- Short sessions between 20 to 60 minutes
- Zero downtime with little or no discomfort
- High patient satisfaction
Before & After Gallery
Velashape® Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does a VelaShape® treatment feel like?
A: Most patients find the treatment comfortable and compare the feeling to a warm deep-tissue massage. The treatment strength is easily adjustable to suit your desired comfort level. Note that it is normal to experience a warm sensation for a few hours after your treatment. Some patients report a pinkish appearance on the treated area that may last for a few hours. Mild temporary bruising may also occur in some cases.
Q: What is cellulite?
A: Cellulite is a condition in which the skin has a dimpled, lumpy appearance. Cellulite occurs when fat deposits push through the connective tissue beneath the skin. It usually affects the buttocks and thighs but can also occur in other areas.
Q: What causes cellulite?
A: Cellulite appears to result from an interaction between the connective dermatological layer between the skin and the layer of fat immediately beneath it. It can develop due to poor blood and lymphatic circulation.
Factors that may cause cellulite to form include:
- Hormonal imbalance
- A sedentary lifestyle
Q: How many treatments do I need to see results?
A: This depends on the results you are seeking. In most cases a treatment plan of 3 to 6 sessions will show results. For the perfectionists, we also recommend monthly maintenance plan after the initial treatment.
In addition, we also our own Anti-Cellulite Crème that comes with cupping and training for use at home. The combination of in clinic Velashape® and at home treatment will get you faster, better and longer lasting results.
A specific plan tailored for you will be discussed during the initial consultation.
Q: How long will the results last?
A: VelaShape® treatment is not a silver bullet against cellulite. How long it lasts depends also on the factors that caused the cellulite to form. For long lasting results, it’s not just about having treatments but also about addressing the cause of the cellulite development. See above the list of factors causing cellulite and which are applicable to you. During the initial consultation we’ll discuss this with you and tailor a custom treatment plan to reflect your needs.
Q: What are the contraindications?
A: There are no major contraindications for the treatment. However, for patients with pacemakers, defibrillators, severe health problems, pregnant or nursing, it is recommended to consult a physician before commencing treatment.
How do I prepare for the treatment?
- Avoid use of blood thinning drugs like aspirin, vitamin E, gingko biloba or fish oils for two days before and after your treatment.
- Avoid lotion or moisturizer applications in areas treated prior to appointment.
- Wear loose fitting clothes – the discomfort that you will experience during and after your appointment will be similar to a mild sunburn. As such, you should avoid wearing tight fitting jeans.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Drink 2.5l water per day for two or three days prior and post treatment – the VelaShape procedure breaks down fat cells so that they may be metabolized by the body and excreted. When your body is fully hydrated, this metabolic process is enhanced. Also, radio frequency energy requires a well hydrated body for effective conductivity.
- If you are taking any prescription medications, or if you have recently undergone any surgical procedures, please inform your Body Sculpting Specialist prior to treatment.
Q: What about aftercare?
- Following your VelaShape session, you are free to resume regular activities. We generally recommend mild exercise post procedure to assist the lymphatic system in metabolizing the fat released. Any residual soreness you feel should be over within 48 to 72 hours.
- Following treatment, we suggest that you avoid large meals that might expand your stomach – instead eat five or six small meals per day for the two or three days following treatment.
- Avoid alcohol for 3 days post-treatment to allow for rapid clearing of fat content and toxins released during treatment.
- For further questions, please do not hesitate to call our office at 1300989188 or 0497802548 Please call our office on 1300 989 188 if you need further advice.
Want to learn more about VelaShape®? Shape Your Body clinic is located in Doncaster East and booking our services is easy. To schedule an appointment with our body-contouring and skin-tightening experts, contact us by:
- phone: 1300 989 188
- send a message using the form to the right
We offer a free initial consultation, provide a treatment plan tailored specifically for you and happily guide you through our procedures.
Level 1, 44 Jackson Court
Doncaster East, VIC 3109
(entrance off Bullen Street)
1300 989 188
Monday-Friday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 12 PM