Non-Invasive Fat and Cellulite Reduction with No Downtime
A New Dimension in Body Sculpting
TruSculpt iD is the latest body sculpting solution from Cutera in non-invasive fat loss and body contouring treatments that uses radio frequency technology to target, heat and destroy fat cells, reducing body fat and reshaping problem areas to deliver a more firm and contoured shape.
Areas treatable by Trusculpt iD
TruSculpt iD treatment is suitable for areas where fat is present, including:
- lower abdomen,
- upper abdomen,
- flanks (love handles),
- bra area,
- back of the armpit,
- upper back,
- lower back,
- arms, triceps area
- inner thighs,
- upper hamstrings,
- double chin
It is not suited for areas that have little or no fat such as the breast and chest area, or over reproductive organs.
Before & After Gallery
TruSculpt iD Frequently Asked Questions
How does it work?
The truSculpt iD system uses a low frequency and high conductivity radiofrequency (RF) technology for deep penetration to treat the entire fat layer from skin to muscle while maintaining a comfortable surface temperature for patients. The fat cells are slowly removed and excreted through the body naturally.
TruSculpt iD destroys fat cells without damaging the overlying skin, nerves or blood vessels and other structures beneath the skin. The TruSculpt iD handpiece is placed on the surface of the skin in the area to be treated. The RF pulse is applied which deeply heats the fat cell layer causing programmed fat cell destruction. The total procedure takes about 15 minutes to treat a full abdomen or other body areas simultaneously with multiple handpieces that cover up to 300cm^2. Visible results can be seen in as little as four weeks with maximum results taking up to twelve weeks.
The recommended program is just one treatment to achieve up to 24% fat destruction in the treated area. After 12 weeks, the optimum cosmetic result can be expected. TruSculpt iD has approval for body sculpting and fat reduction by the FDA and TGA. It also has achieved FDA 510k clearance and Health Canada approval for the heating of deep tissue and the temporary reduction in the appearance of cellulite.
TruSculpt iD is approved and has received clearance in Europe with the CE Mark (and Australian RTG) for body sculpting, body contouring, circumferential reduction and fat reduction.
With most treatments taking under an hour, a TruSculpt iD session can be completed in your lunch break. With zero prep or downtown required, this anaesthetic-free treatment is pain-free.
TruSculpt iD is administered via a handsfree or handheld device that is gently placed or glided over the treatment area. The device emits precise radio frequency energy deep below the skin’s surface to heat and damage fat cells, which the body will then naturally eliminate over the course of approximately six to 12 weeks.
Who is suitable for treatment?
While your consultation with your technician will ultimately determine your suitability, this device is recommended for those who suffer from stubborn fat pockets and “trouble spots”. For example, the TruSculpt iD shows to make significant improvements on those with excess fat on their stomachs and flanks – with an average of 24% fat loss shown on a group of women who participated in a recent study. Typically, appropriate patients have a BMI of less than 30.
Who is not suitable for treatment?
- Has a BMI of more than 30
- Is pregnant
- Has a cardiac pacemaker or internal defibrillator
- Has benign or malignant tumors at the treatment area
- Has metal implants at or near the treatment area (includes joint replacements)
- Has Arteriosclerosis
- Has haemophilia or bleeding disorders
- Has thrombosis or thrombophlebitis
- Has infection in the treatment area
- Has a history of poor wound healing, keloid scarring
If you are unsure, contact us.
Can Trusculpt iD be used as a weight loss technique?
TruSculpt iD is not designed for weight loss or treatment for obesity. It is used to reduce the appearance of minor to moderate areas of diet and exercise resistant fat deposits on the body, extremities and beneath the chin. Best results are seen in those who have a BMI of 30 or less. More fat can be removed with liposuction than with TruSculpt iD. So, TruSculpt iD can complement but is not a replacement for liposuction.
When can I return to normal activities? Are there any side effects? Is Trusculpt iD safe?
The TruSculpt iD procedure is designed to be predictable and well tolerated. Side effects are limited to temporary redness, mild swelling, sweating and slight tenderness where treated. Usually the side effects last only a few hours but may last up to 24 hours. You may return to your regular activities and work immediately after your Trusculpt iD treatment.
What does a Trusculpt iD treatment cost?
The cost varies based on the total surface area treated, the time it takes to treat that area and the number of treatments needed. Contact us to arrange a consultation.
Can arms be traded with Trusculpt ID?
Yes! With previous machines treating the arm was a challenge. With TruSculpt iD this problem is solved. This treatment is also effective for skin laxity. TruSculpt iD offers a unique and personalized approach to improve upper arm contouring and definition. Unlike other devices, there is no placement limitation, it is easy to set up, and fast to treat.
How is TruSculpt® iD different to other body sculpting procedures?
The TruSculpt® iD procedure is versatile and effective to treat a wide range of patients who may not be a candidate for other contouring procedures due to treatment location, skin type, fat thickness and presence of skin laxity.
Treatment time is shorter and very comfortable in comparison to other devices on the market. TruSculpt is the first and only RF to be FDA approved.
Are the results permanent?
TruSculpt iD permanently kills fat cells. The remaining cells could still expand if you gain weight, but if your weight remains stable, your results should be long-lasting.
Is the treatment effective against cellulite?
TruSculpt iD for cellulite is a safe, effective treatment. There is no downtime, and optimum results are achieved after 12 weeks. Your outcome is a contoured body with smooth skin and significantly improved cellulite
How do I prepare for the treatment?
· No application of artificial tan for at least seven days prior to treatment.
· Being well hydrated on the day of your treatment and ensuring you feel well
· Shave treatment area and return pad area (upper back) if there is excessive hair
What can I expect during and after treatment?
The treatment has minimal discomfort and has been compared to a hot stone massage. During treatment, the temperature of your skin will rise slowly, allowing your tolerance to acclimate comfortably to achieve the desired target temperature recommended. There is no downtime after the procedure and normal activity can be resumed immediately. Post-procedure, the treatment area will be warm and flushed for less than an hour. While you may experience mild sensitivity to the touch for a few days, you’ll be able to immediately return to normal activities and exercise.
The treatment time is dependent on the treatment size and how many areas are treated. Treatment time is typically 15 to 30 minutes to treat the abdomen and flanks.
How many treatments will I need?
Recommended is one to two treatments in an area to achieve the desired contouring. Results are visible after 12 weeks. Additional treatments may be added in at twelve weeks to achieve the personalised results you desire. An example of this could be the abdominal area which includes the flanks as one area to achieve the desired outcome.
What about aftercare?
After your treatment:
- Tenderness, redness, bruising and swelling may occur over the treated area and should resolve within 24–48 hours. Localised mild tenderness may persist for 1-2 weeks where the intensity of the treatment was high.
- Redness, itching or irritation and possibly rashes may occur over the area where the sticky return pad was placed. This may result from your skin reacting to the adhesive on the return pad and should resolve over 24-48hrs.
- Notify clinic if any of the following occur: o Blister, crusting or skin burns o Tenderness, redness or swelling persisting longer than 24 hours o Nodules or lumps in the treatment area – May develop up to 72 hours posttreatment and will usually resolve spontaneously over several days.
- Do not apply any creams, lotions, gels etc over the area treated or the site where the sticky return pad was placed for 24 hours as they may lead to skin irritations.
- Avoid sun exposure, saunas or solariums for 48hrs. Apply a 30+ or 50+ sunscreen to the areas treated for 3-5 days if exposed to sunlight.
- You can return to normal activities including fitness programs immediately after the treatment.
- It is actually beneficial to participate in some form of exercise within the first 72hrs after the treatment to aid the reabsorption of damaged fat cells and their subsequent elimination from the body.
- Clinical benefits continue to improve for up to 12 weeks following treatment and effects from your treatment should be evident after 4 weeks.
- Multiple treatments may be required to reach your desired goal.
- For maximum results, 2-3 treatments, spaced 12 weeks apart is recommended.
- For maximum results you should maintain a calorie and fat restricted diet together with a regular exercise program.
- Any treatment that destroys the fat cells or physically removes the fat cells in an area will leave behind other fat cells and although fat cells cannot re-form, the remaining fat cells can grow in size if the diet remains rich in fat and regular physical exercise is not maintained. These growing fat cells will eventually fill the areas where fat cells have been removed and ultimately can reverse any effects from these treatments.
- Ask your cosmetic therapist about products to help maintain your TruSculpt results. Eurocosmedics is our own brand, is a cosmeceutical product specifically formulated to treat cellulite deposits in the body and will enhance and prolong your TruSulpt effect with regular use. If you have any concerns regarding your Trusculpt treatment please contact your cosmetic practitioner at Shape Your Body Clinic Ph: 1300 989 188 or 0497802548. We look forward to seeing you again soon for your next TruSculpt treatment!
Want to learn more about Trusculpt iD? Shape Your Body clinic is located in Doncaster East, and booking our services is easy. To schedule an appointment with our body-contouring and skin-tightening experts, contact us by:
- phone: 1300 989 188
- send a message using the form to the right
We offer a free initial consultation, provide a treatment plan tailored specifically for you and happily guide you through our procedures.
Level 1, 44 Jackson Court
Doncaster East, VIC 3109
(entrance off Bullen Street)
1300 989 188
Monday-Friday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 12 PM