3D HIFU – Face
Non-invasive Mini Face Lift without Surgery or Downtime
Non-invasive Mini Face Lift without Surgery or Downtime.
3D Hifu is for people whose skin has “relaxed” to the point of looking, and often feeling, less firm. A lowered eyebrow line or sagging skin on the eyelids, for instance, is often the first sign of “maturing” skin. Typically, those in their thirties and older who have mild to moderate skin laxity are candidates.
There are also younger people who want to “stay ahead of the game” as well as those looking to prolong the effects of cosmetic surgery.
3D HIFU using advanced ultrasound, works without disturbing the skin in two distinct ways:
- Stimulates the deep structural support layers of the skin in areas typically addressed by plastic surgery.
- Stimulates the creation of collagen, which further helps the skin to maintain its original freshness. As we age the collagen in our skin, a natural protein, loses its ability to hold firm against gravity that pulls the skin down. HIFU also reverses this process by stimulating the creation of new collagen.
HIFU requires no special recuperation or preparation and typically only takes one treatment to get a meaningful response. Patients enjoy some initial effect immediately following the procedure, but the ultimate lifting will take place over 2-3 months, as tired collagen is rejuvenated and supplemented with new, stronger collagen.
Whilst HIFU’s results are not as dramatic as the result of surgery, this technique has proven to be an welcoming alternative because some clients:
- May not yet ready for surgery mentally, financially or logistically
- Prefer to receive treatments in a non invasive method or
- They cannot afford the downtime post plastic surgery (with HIFU there is no downtime – you can perform the procedure during your workday lunchtime).
Areas treatable by 3D HIFU
There are four distinct facial areas of treatment:
- Brows / eyes area – upper face
- Chest (décolletage)
Features of 3D HIFU:
- One treatment will last up to 12 months
- The patient is awake during treatment
- Makeup can generally be worn immediately and you can generally return to work that day
- Results will occur over the next three months with gradual tightening
- Natural result
- Low risk
Benefits of HIFU
- Skin tightening:
- Smoother brow
- Tighter skin around eyes
- Less eyelid hooding / more lid showing
- Lifting of cheek tissue for overall rounding effect to lower 2/3 of face
- Reduction in folds /lines between nose and corner of mouth
- Sleeker, more defined jawline
- Jowls reduced
- Cheeks less sunken, more volume
- Corners of mouth turned up
- Skin Feels
- Tighter, “better-fitting” skin
- Softer, more resilient
- Reduction of crepe like texture
- Smaller pores
- Skin Colour
- More even tone
- Reduction of small blood vessels and general redness
Patients commonly choose to have the cheeks and lower face treated in order to obtain lifting of the whole area. The neck and the forehead can also be treated. This procedure can be combined with many other procedures such as fillers and muscle relaxants. We recommend this treatment after a face skin suture lift to enhance results and longevity.
As the treatment is non-surgical no promises can be made as to the extent of lift or final result. This is because all patients react differently to such therapies. Minor scarring might happen and some patients do find the treatment tender and slightly painful. We usually use numbing cream before the procedure, which ads another 40-60 minutes to the treatment.
Before & After Gallery
3D HIFU Frequently Asked Questions:
Is 3D HIFU surgery?
No. Unlike face lift, this technique is a non-invasive procedure that addresses the skin and support layers below it.
Can this treatment replace a face lift?
HIFU is more like an “uplift”. While it is not a replacement for surgery, it is a viable option for those not ready for a surgical face lift or for those looking to prolong the effects of cosmetic surgery.
How is 3D HIFU different from lasers?
Lasers typically address issues in the superficial layers of the skin (e.g. fine lines, wrinkles, pigment changes). 3D HIFU addresses the deep skin layer and the foundational layer addressed in cosmetic surgery that lift and lend support to the skin.
Is the treatment safe?
The procedure has been demonstrated safely in clinical studies, and tens of thousands of treatments have been performed safely worldwide. In addition, ultrasound energy has a proven track record, with use in the field of medicine for more than 50 years.
How long does the treatment take?
A full face treatment takes 45-60 minutes, and a partial face or brow lift treatment can take around 30 minutes—neither with any downtime.
Is there any downtime?
3D HIFU is an entirely non-invasive procedure and as such, there is no downtime. You are able to return to your normal activities right away, and there are no special measures you need to take.
What kind of results do you get?
3D HIFU addresses mild to moderate loose or sagging skin. Specifically, by reconditioning and renewing the skin from within, will lift the brow, which in turn reduces excess skin on the lids, opens up the eyes, and gives a more refreshed look overall.
How long until I see results?
Patients may enjoy some initial effect but the ultimate lifting and toning will take place over 2-3 months, as tired collagen is replaced with new, more elastic collagen. As this collagen-building process continues, further improvements can appear up to 6 months following a procedure.
How long do results last?
Patients treated with 3D HIFU still have fresh young collagen after a year’s time following the procedure, but skin continues to age.
Will I need more than one treatment?
The majority of patients only need one treatment; however, some may benefit from more than one treatment (depending on how much laxity they have and their body’s own biological response to the ultrasound and collagen-building process).
Q: What about after care?
- Be sure to thoroughly wash your hands prior to touching your face post treatment.
- Continue to use your current skin care regimen unless otherwise instructed from your provider.
- It is okay to shower and cleanse the skin immediately after the procedure.
Post treatment expectations:
- Your skin may appear flushed after the treatment, but typically fades within a few hours.
- It is not uncommon to experience swelling for up to a week following the procedure. Tingling, soreness, and tenderness to the touch for a few weeks following the procedure are not uncommon, and a normal part of the healing process.
- Small areas of bruising, welts, or numbness are also a normal side effect of this procedure and will resolve in a matter of days to weeks.
- The skin will continue to improve over the next 120+ days as cellular regeneration, lifting and toning continues to take place.
Possible nerve inflammation:
- Local muscle weakness may result after treatment due to inflammation of a motor nerve. This is a temporary and normal reaction and will resolve in a period of days to weeks.
- Temporary numbness of the skin may result after treatment due to inflammation of a sensory nerve. This is due to irritation of a nerve from the ultrasound procedure and will resolve over time (typically days to weeks with most patients).
Possibility of edema (swelling):
- Elevate your head on two pillows to decrease swelling post procedure.
- Ice for 20 minutes only if swelling is significant.
- Please wash your face gently with warm water for couple of weeks following the treatment.
- As always, please continue sunscreen (SPF of 15 or greater) following the treatment and as part of your daily skin care regimen. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us on 1300 989 188 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn more about 3D HIFU? Shape Your Body clinic is located in Doncaster East and booking our services is easy. To schedule an appointment with our body-contouring and skin-tightening experts, contact us by:
- phone: 1300 989 188
- send a message using the form to the right
We offer a free initial consultation, provide a treatment plan tailored specifically for you and happily guide you through our procedures.
Level 1, 44 Jackson Court
Doncaster East, VIC 3109
(entrance off Bullen Street)
1300 989 188
Monday-Friday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 12 PM