3D HIFU – Body
Non-Invasive BODY SKIN TIGHTENING without Surgery or Downtime
3D Hifu is for people whose skin has “relaxed” to the point of looking, and often feeling, less firm. Typically, those in their thirties and older who have mild to moderate skin laxity are candidates.
There are also younger people who want to “stay ahead of the game” as well as those looking to prolong the effects of cosmetic surgery.
Benefits of 3D HIFU:
- Tighter, “better-fitting” skin
- Softer, more resilient
- Reduction of crepe like texture
- Smaller pores
- More even tone
- Reduction of small blood vessels and general redness
3D HIFU uses advanced ultrasound, works without disturbing the skin in two distinct ways:
- Stimulates the deep structural support layers of the skin in areas typically addressed by plastic surgery.
- Stimulates the creation of collagen, which further helps the skin to maintain its original freshness. As we age the collagen in our skin, a natural protein, loses its ability to hold firm against gravity that pulls the skin down. HIFU also reverses this process by stimulating the creation of new collagen.
3D HIFU requires no special recuperation or preparation and typically only takes one treatment to get a meaningful response. Patients enjoy some initial effect immediately following the procedure, but the ultimate lifting will take place over 2-3 months, as tired collagen is rejuvenated and supplemented with new, stronger collagen.
Whilst 3D HIFU’s results are not as dramatic as the result of surgery, this technique has proven to be an welcoming alternative because some clients:
- May not yet ready for surgery mentally, financially or logistically
- Prefer to receive treatments in a non invasive method or
- They cannot afford the downtime post plastic surgery (with 3D HIFU there is no downtime – you can perform the procedure during your workday lunchtime).
Areas treatable by 3D HIFU
- Upper tummy
- Lower tummy
- Flanks (love handles)
- Bra area
- Inner thighs
- Outer thighs
- Back of the thighs
Please note, one treatment area is around 10×10 cm. Treatment for the left hand side and right hand side of the body are considered 2 areas. (eg: arms, buttocks, flanks, etc.)
Features of 3D HIFU
- One treatment will last 3 to 4 months
- The patient is awake during treatment
- Results will occur over the next three months with gradual tightening
- Natural result
- Low risk
As the treatment is non-surgical no promises can be made as to the extent of lift or final result. This is because all patients react differently to such therapies. Minor scarring might happen and some patients do find the treatment tender and slightly painful. We usually use numbing cream before the procedure, which ads another 40-60 minutes to the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is 3D HIFU surgery?
No. This technique is a non-invasive procedure that addresses the skin and support layers below it.
How is 3D HIFU different from lasers?
Lasers typically address issues in the superficial layers of the skin (e.g. fine lines, wrinkles, pigment changes). Focused Ultrasound addresses the deep skin layer and the foundational layer addressed in cosmetic surgery that lift and lend support to the skin.
Is the treatment safe?
The procedure has been demonstrated safety in clinical studies, and tens of thousands of treatments have been performed safely worldwide. In addition, ultrasound energy has a proven track record, with use in the field of medicine for more than 50 years.
How long does the treatment take?
One are takes 20 minutes —neither with any downtime.
Is there any downtime?
3D HIFU is an entirely non-invasive procedure and as such, there is no downtime. You are able to return to your normal activities right away, and there are no special measures you need to take.
What kind of results do you get?
3D HIFU addresses mild to moderate loose or sagging skin. Specifically, by reconditioning and renewing the skin.
How long until I see results?
Patients may enjoy some immediate effect but the ultimate lifting and toning will take place over 2-3 months, as tired collagen is replaced with new, more elastic collagen.
How long do results last?
Patients treated with 3D HIFU still have fresh young collagen after a year’s time following the procedure, but skin continues to age.
Will I need more than one treatment?
The majority of patients only need one treatment; however, some may benefit from more than one treatment (depending on how much laxity they have and their body’s own biological response to the ultrasound and collagen-building process).
What about aftercare?
- Be sure to thoroughly wash your hands prior to touching your face and body post treatment.
- Continue to use your current skin care regimen unless otherwise instructed from your provider.
- It is okay to shower and cleanse the skin immediately after the procedure.
Post treatment expectations:
- Your skin may appear flushed after the treatment, but typically fades within a few hours.
- It is not uncommon to experience swelling for up to a week following the procedure. Tingling, soreness, and tenderness to the touch for a few weeks following the procedure are not uncommon, and a normal part of the healing process.
- Small areas of bruising, welts, or numbness are also a normal side effect of this procedure and will resolve in a matter of days to weeks.
- The skin will continue to improve over the next 120+ days as cellular regeneration, lifting and toning continues to take place.
Possible nerve inflammation:
- Local muscle weakness may result after treatment due to inflammation of a motor nerve. This is a temporary and normal reaction and will resolve in a period of days to weeks.
- Temporary numbness of the skin may result after treatment due to inflammation of a sensory nerve. This is due to irritation of a nerve from the ultrasound procedure and will resolve over time (typically days to weeks with most patients).
Possibility of edema (swelling):
- Elevate your head on two pillows to decrease swelling post procedure.
- Ice for 20 minutes only if swelling is significant.
- Please wash your face and body gently with warm water for couple of weeks following the treatment.
- As always, please continue sunscreen (SPF of 15 or greater) following the treatment and as part of your daily skin care regimen. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us on 1300 989 188or email at email@example.com
Want to learn more about 3D HIFU? Shape Your Body clinic is located in Doncaster East, and booking our services is easy. To schedule an appointment with our body-contouring and skin-tightening experts, simply call us on 1300 989 188 or send your inquiries to
We offer free consultations and will be happy to guide you through our procedures.
Level 1, 44 Jackson Court
Doncaster East, VIC 3109
(entrance off Bullen Street)
1300 989 188
Monday-Friday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 12 PM